Description of the DAB Evosta 2 40-70/130
You can easily replace your current circulation pump yourself. Please view our instructional video.
- Overall dimensions: 130 mm
- Screw connection: 1.5" / Opening: 1"
- Simple circulation pump model, for houses with a central heating or an underfloor heating system
- Including five-year warranty
Pros and cons
- You can easily replace the old central heating pump yourself; view our video
- Find your current central heating pump in the replacement table
- Extremely energy efficient
The brand new Evosta 2 central heating pump is the latest innovation by manufacturer DAB, and is designed for circulating hot water in domestic heating systems. This model is up to 70% more energy efficient than traditional central heating pumps. Owing to the saving in energy costs, this pump will already have begun paying for itself in the second year.
How is it different from the 'old' DAB Evosta?
The DAB Evosta 2 entered the market in 2018, and has a number of advantages compared to its predecessor, such as:
- standard 5-year warranty
- Plug & play interaction with your old circulation pump because of the easy plug
- In line with the latest energy standards (EEI-index ≤ 0.19); this means that the pump is even more economical in use than other brands.
The central heating pump has a very user-friendly control panel, with a selection key that allows for switching between three settings:
- constant speed
- constant pressure
- proportional pressure
How do you configure the DAB Evosta 2?
The selected setting depends on your personal situation.
- Only radiators: proportional pressure (bottom option)
- Underfloor heating or underfloor heating + radiators: constant pressure (second option)
- No regulation, like old pumps with three settings: constant speed (top option)
At which setting should the pump be configured?
This also depends on your situation, and you need to determine it yourself. You are advised to start with the lowest setting. If it takes too long for your space to heat up, you can change to a higher setting. Please note that the higher the setting, the more energy is used.
Contents of the kit
- DAB Evosta 2 40-70/130 Circulation Pump
- two gaskets (rubber rings)
Replacing your old circulation pump / central heating pump
Because of its identical size, your old circulation pump can easily be replaced by a new one. Any handyman can do this, because all you need are water pump pliers; view our video.
Specifications of the DAB Evosta 2 40-70/130
- DAB Evosta 2 40-70/130 Circulation Pump
- Two gaskets (rubber rings)
- 5 year warranty
- Cast-iron body, ceramic shaft
- 2,4 kg
- 13,5 x 13,5 x 15 cm
- 44 Watt
- 3,600 l/h
- 6,9 metres
Accessories of the DAB Evosta 2 40-70/130
Reviews of the DAB Evosta 2 40-70/130
Excellent pumpReplacement for a Grundfos. Works excellent. Great digital speed indication
GreatVery satisfied. Assembly was very easy. Although you do need a larger key to loosen the nuts. The sealing rubbers came neatly supplied. The device is nice and silent compared to my old one. Electricity power cord not included, luckily I had one lying around. Satisfied customers!
Very pleased. Easy to install.Installing it was very easy; waterproofing it and readjusting the pressure was the hardest part.
Replacement of the old DAB Circulation Pump (central heating)The new DAB Circulation Pump was easy to install, and I'm very pleased with it. The only small downside is that I don't find it clear how to set the pump's speed controller.
I would recommend Waterpump.us to everybody. The SERVICE relating to ordering and delivery was EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD AND QUICK.
ReplacementUsed to replace a Salmson underfloor heating pump. Installing and setting it was super easy. Feel that the noise level is slightly higher.
Great pumpUrgently needed a replacement pump for our outdated system. This model fits perfectly and is very quiet.
Works great and excellent service!
ShiftedTo date I have installed dozens of these circulation pumps for clients. Because of our positive experiences, we have completely shifted from Grundfos to DAB. Cheaper and also better-looking quality. Can only recommend it.
Also very pleased with the service. Thank you.